Let’s read so we don’t run out of words! This is the motto that accompanies 2021, declared the year of reading in the Republic of Croatia.
Unable to hold events in the usual way, we would like to present you picture books of the Plitvice Lakes National Park.
You can find the picture books in our souvenir shops at entrance 1 and in Jezero Hotel.
We bring you a list of our picture books and hope that you will find the most interesting for you and learn something new about our dear Park:
- George, The Great Ant: A story about an ant and an Alcon blue butterfly
- Power of water: A story about the mills of Plitvice Lakes National Park
- A Forest tale: A story about the rangers and forest rangers huts of Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Getting to Know Butterflies: while during the day some of these insects fly from flower to flower, others rest and show their beauty only at night. We call them butterflies and moths. You can learn about their differences and similarities in this story
- Getting to Know Dragonflies: what happens when dragonflies fall in love? How do nymphs transform? Who are the best fliers in the insect world? You can learn all these in this story.
- Getting to Know Otters: The curious otter Lida lives in the Plitvice Lakes National Park and is getting to know her environment. What should Lida do or not do? Why should she obey her mother? Learn more in this educational story.
- Getting to Know Bears: a fox, a wolf and a mockingbird tease a bear about being fat, slow and inactive. The bear patiently explains otherwise. You can read what he says in this picture book.