World Tourism Day is held on September 27 in many countries and destinations around the world, including in Croatia. This date was chosen to coincide with an important moment for the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the day when the Organization’s Statute was adopted in 1970.
Various events have been announced in Croatia with this year’s theme “Rethinking tourism”, where the focus is shifted more to the future of tourism and the kind of tourism we want. Croatian tourism is returning to pre-pandemic figures, which continue in September. The announcements for October are more than good, so many tourist destinations will use this to celebrate good results through the “Month of Croatian Tourism”. These actions aim to encourage the citizens of the Republic of Croatia to get to know and visit various parts of our wonderful country by lowering prices. More favorable prices will apply to numerous tourist products, from accommodation, transportation and sightseeing to catering services and various experiences. This is intended to encourage domestic tourism and increase tourist traffic in the postseason.
Plitvice Lakes National Park celebrates the “Month of Croatian Tourism” with a Promotional Week in the period from October 1st to October 9th with promotional ticket prices:
• Adults: HRK 80.00 (10.62 €) per person
• Students: HRK 45.00 (5.97 €) per person
• Children (7-18): HRK 35.00 (4.65 €) per person
CELEBRATING THE WORLD TOURISM DAY
On September 27, we have prepared numerous activities for you at Entrance 1 of the National Park:
- Free guide tours for individual guests from Entrance 1, in two tours, from 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., until the maximum number of people per guide is filled. In each term, guests will be able to choose whether they want to follow program B (Lower Lakes) or program C (Lower and Upper Lakes) with a guide. The guide will lead the group in several languages, depending in which language the individual guide is speaking. The bear mascot will take pictures with the groups at the viewpoint towards Big waterfall (group photo).
- Tasting of local products for guests (Lička daščica-cheese, bacon, uštipci, rakija) from 09:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Park Information officers and Park Interpreters will hand out flyers and inform visitors about activities
- Children Folklore dance performance from HKUD Korenica at 1:00 p.m. at Entrance 1
Guided tour remarks:
*The number of people is limited, and interested persons will be able to register at the Info desk by taking the reservation number.